We’re on the look-out for someone with a love of software and technology to join our established team based out of our HQ in the UK.
Overview of the job
We are on the look-out for a personable and hard-working Account Manager/ Executive or Customer Success Manager/ Executive to join our fast-growing Customer Success department. This is a great opportunity to join a leader within the Ed-tech space who is experiencing expediential growth.
Do you want to work with industry leading technologies? Do you want to join a business who is dedicated to delivering the very best service to their customers? If so, please read on.
Who are Software2?
Software2 is the home of AppsAnywhere, the world's only platform that gives Higher Ed a way of delivering all their software to students on any device, anywhere on and off-campus. Currently used and loved by over 2 million students in North America and Europe, to-date 15 apps are launched through AppsAnywhere every second, worldwide!
We’ve set our sights on using super-cool tech to make the student experience awesome. With customers across the UK and loads more globally, we’ve made an impressive start; totally transforming how students get their academic software. We’re super proud of our business, and we want to find exceptional candidates who understand why.
But we’re not stopping there. We want students in every corner of the country to benefit from our software. We want to build more customer communities in more states, and we want more evangelistic customers shouting from the rooftops. So, to help power our rapid growth we’re looking for motivated individuals to join our team.
About the role
This post is crucial to ensure the success and retention of our valued customers. It will be your responsibility to maintain our impressive retention rates. You will achieve this by operating a high touch customer success function to your dedicated account base. Working as part of a wider customer success strategy, you will keep in regular contact with your accounts to encourage product usage, account growth, customer engagement and references.
You will work with cross-functional teams to ensure your accounts are getting the most vale from AppsAnywhere, as well as identifying opportunities for growth. Working closely with support you will guarantee customer queries are handled in a timely manner to maintain customer satisfaction. You will be given creative freedom to work with the marketing department on customer focused campaigns and events.
We are fortunate enough to enjoy excellent relationships with our customers and we want to ensure they continue having a great experience with AppsAnywhere. Therefore, we are looking for someone with a passion for Customer Success and previous customer facing experience to join the team.
- Take responsibility for and manage a set of established customer accounts, including annual renewals
- Operate a high touch customer success strategy to ensure customer satisfaction
- Drive product usage through regular contact with assigned accounts
- Identify upsell opportunities using a consultative approach
- Arrange and lead regular face to face customer review meetings
- Establish and develop excellent relationships with Software2 customers. Identify key contacts and decision-makers and promote Software2 as a trusted partner.
- Work closely with the marketing department to develop customer focused campaigns
- Assist with the planning of customer events
- Assist customers with general support enquiries and refer them to the appropriate resources when necessary
- Work closely with support to ensure customer satisfaction
- Document customer feedback to the necessary channels
Other key duties
- Help develop initiatives to improve working procedures, as well as products and services offered
- Provide support to the general running of the Customer Success department
- Assist with admin tasks from the full account base
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline achieving a grade 2:1 and above
- At least 1-years’ experience in a customer facing role within the software/ technology industry
- Prior experience cultivating and developing meaningful relationships with customers
- Proven experience upselling and working towards retention goals
- Confidence to present complex technologies to groups of customers
- Top notch communication (face-to-face, email, phone and Microsoft Teams)
- A love of technology and the ability to understand and translate technical concepts in essential
- Forward-thinking and the confidence to suggest new ideas
- Previous experience working with CRM and Zendesk (desirable)
- Experience creating account/ customer success plans for dedicated accounts (desirable)
- Within 1 ½ hour commute to Leeds HQ
£25,000 - £28,000 (£35,000-£38,000 OTE) * Very realistic OTE with uncapped commission
Customer Success Manager
Unlimited holidays, flexible working, private healthcare, amazing work environment (our HQ is a converted pub!)
This role will be based at our office (which is a converted pub!) just outside Leeds, in the small village of Sherburn in Elmet. Post COVID, we’re pretty flexible on how many days you work in the office or at home. We care more about what you can do than where you’re based. But it’s equally important that you’re an integrated part of our team.
Still with us? Want to apply?
Great, we’d love to hear from you! 😀 It’s going to be hard work, but you’ll have a super-supportive team behind you who’ll help you be successful and give you everything you need to do just that.
To apply, send us a copy of your CV with a quick description of why you’re interested in this particular role. Please confirm your salary expectations on the email, too.
We expect to hold the first interviews remotely (via Teams) where we can see if we’re a good fit for each other and ask/answer a few questions to get us started.
No agencies, please.
Don't apply if:
- You’ve not read fully this job description and you’re just applying to ‘Customer Success' roles on spec, or you’re not fully excited about who we are and what we do.
- You like the quiet life and just want to take a paycheck each month. We want someone who is fully invested in us and our future and sees a great opportunity for their career here at Software2.
- You think all this sounds like a tall order and you’re not ready for the challenge.
- You’re not comfortable with rolling up your sleeves to get stuff done.