After another year of exceptionally strong growth, we’re on a mission to take our product to the next level. Like any software company with big plans for acquiring market share, we’re super excited to keep building and evolving our product in a way that both our customers and our market loves.
Overview of the job
We’re looking for a hands-on Development Manager who craves a career-defining position in a fast-paced tech company, where you really can make a huge difference to what we do and how we do it. You’ll join and manage our four small-but-well-established teams of development experts, where you’ll work closely with our Product Manager to implement your own stamp on a product that’s loved across the US, UK, Europe and Australia, too.
We want someone who’s ready to take the step up to be a manager, but still wants to get their hands dirty with the day-to-day of development. Want to help drive our product solution, architecture, and implement efficient DevOps processes? Then we want to hear from you.
Who are Software2?
👋 Hey there, we’re Software2! We’re an EdTech company making big waves in our industry, with an even bigger appetite to win more customers and grow more quickly across our key markets.
We’re on a mission to give students the best experience possible from their time at university, by providing our award-winning technology exclusively to Higher Ed. Currently used and loved by over 2 million students across the globe, to-date 15 apps are launched through our very own software product – AppsAnywhere: an app store for education – every single second, worldwide!
With rapidly growing customer communities across the US, Canada, and Europe, alongside an already market-busting share in the UK, we’re taking Higher Ed by storm. And we’re totally transforming how students get access to their academic software.
We’re super proud of our business, and we want to find an exceptional candidate who understands why.
Skills and knowledge
- Experience of writing and consuming APIs
- Team Leading or Management experience
- Understanding of OOP and design patterns
- Experience in Continuous Integration \ Deployment and streamlining deployments
- Experience of IT project delivery through agile methodologies
- Identify new and incremental product opportunities.
- Work with the Product Manager and DevOps engineer, Development and Project teams to help plan product roadmaps and delivery schedules.
- Experience managing Cloud-based solutions using an Agile Methodology, preference given to AWS/Azure based solutions
- Enjoy working in a growing company working to improve the product and processes
£45,000-£60,000 (depending on experience)
Unlimited holidays, flexible working, excellent working environment!
This role will be based at our office (which is a converted pub!) just outside Leeds, in the small village of Sherburn in Elmet. Post COVID, we’re pretty flexible on how many days you work in the office or at home. We care more about what you can do than where you’re based. But it’s equally important that you’re an integrated part of our team.
Still with us? Want to apply?
Great, we’d love to hear from you! 😀 It’s going to be hard work, but you’ll have a super-supportive team behind you who’ll help you be successful and give you everything you need to do just that.
To apply, send us a copy of your CV with a quick description of why you’re interested in this particular role.Please confirm your salary expectations on the email, too.
We expect to hold the first interviews remotely (via Teams) where we can see if we’re a good fit for each other and ask/answer a few questions to get us started.
No agencies, please.
Don't apply if:
- You’ve not read fully this job description and you’re just applying to ‘Development Manager’ roles on spec, or you’re not fully excited about who we are and what we do.
- You like the quiet life and just want to take a paycheck each month. We want someone who is fully invested in us and our future and sees a great opportunity for their career here at Software2.
- You think all this sounds like a tall order and you’re not ready for the challenge.
- You’re not comfortable with rolling up your sleeves to get stuff done.