We’re on the look-out for someone with a love of software and technology to join our established team based out of our HQ in the UK.
Overview of the job
After another year of exceptionally strong growth, we’re on a mission to take our customer support to the next level. Like any software company with big plans for acquiring market share, we’re super excited to keep improving our customer experience by delivering the world’s best support.
So now we’re looking for a Head of Support who craves a career-defining position in a fast-paced tech company, where you really can make a huge difference to what we do and how we do it. You’ll join and manage our small-but-well-established team of Support Analysts to deliver and improve customer support for a product that’s loved across the US, UK, Europe and Australia, too.
We want someone who understands the impact that good support has on the overall customer journey. Our ideal candidate will not only come in and lead the team to deliver increasingly top-notch support to customers, but they’ll look at our processes, systems, and other ways in which we can drive improvements across our entire support department, globally.
Want a position where you can really get under the skin of Customer Support and bring about transformational change to an awesome business, with an awesome product, and even more awesome customers? Then we want to hear from you!
Who are Software2?
Software2 is the home of AppsAnywhere, the world's only platform that gives Higher Ed a way of delivering all their software to students on any device, anywhere on and off-campus. Currently used and loved by over 2 million students in North America and Europe, to-date 15 apps are launched through AppsAnywhere every second, worldwide!
We’ve set our sights on using super-cool tech to make the student experience awesome. With customers across the UK and loads more globally, we’ve made an impressive start; totally transforming how students get their academic software. We’re super proud of our business, and we want to find exceptional candidates who understand why.
But we’re not stopping there. We want students in every corner of the country to benefit from our software. We want to build more customer communities in more states, and we want more evangelistic customers shouting from the rooftops. So, to help power our rapid growth we’re looking for motivated individuals to join our Sales team.
- Inspire the support team to deliver excellent customer service, focusing on what customers are trying to achieve.
- Align support processes with ITIL and ensure the team have relevant training.
- Define and communicate clear team targets for the year and drive continuous service improvement.
- Focus on improving key metrics, including response and resolution times, touches per ticket and increasing customer contact/calls.
- Implement and provide monthly management reports on an agreed set of key metrics.
- Lead on the resolution of Problems through investigations and by liaising with other areas of the business.
- Ensure that known issues/defects are logged promptly and efficiently.
- Liaise with other vendors to ensure the timely resolution of issues and to provide needed information.
- Ensure that customers are informed about known issues and problems that could potentially affect customer service delivery.
SYSTEMS AND DOCUMENTATION
- Support the team with the development of template articles and the re-writing of content.
- Support management on the improvement and migration of customer records to new systems.
- Ensure efficient workflows are in place for accurate recording of customer information.
- Help to ensure that systems and processes are secure, and that the business complies with
- relevant legal requirements.
- Degree in IT, Computing, or a related subject.
- Superior leadership and people skills; team-oriented, fast learner and personable.
- Management experience in a technical or service delivery role.
- Experience in the deployment of technical solutions for customers.
- Technical expertise with Microsoft and Linux server environments, databases, and networking (relevant industry qualifications are highly desirable).
- Logical and systematic problem-solving skills.
Head of Support
£37,000-£41,000 (depending on experience)
Unlimited holidays, flexible working, excellent working environment!
This role will be based at our office (which is a converted pub!) just outside Leeds, in the small village of Sherburn in Elmet. Post COVID, we’re pretty flexible on how many days you work in the office or at home. We care more about what you can do than where you’re based. But it’s equally important that you’re an integrated part of our team.
Still with us? Want to apply?
Great, we’d love to hear from you! 😀 It’s going to be hard work, but you’ll have a super-supportive team behind you who’ll help you be successful and give you everything you need to do just that.
To apply, send us a copy of your CV (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a quick description of why you’re interested in this particular role. Please confirm your salary expectations on the email, too.
We expect to hold the first interviews remotely (via Teams) where we can see if we’re a good fit for each other and ask/answer a few questions to get us started.
No agencies, please.
Don't apply if:
- You’ve not read fully this job description and you’re just applying to Support roles on spec, or you’re not fully excited about who we are and what we do.
- You like the quiet life and just want to take a paycheck each month. We want someone who is fully invested in us and our future and sees a great opportunity for their career here at Software2.
- You think all this sounds like a tall order and you’re not ready for the challenge.
- You’re not comfortable with rolling up your sleeves to get stuff done.