We’re on the look-out for someone with a love of software and technology to join our established operations department based out of our HQ in the UK.
Overview of the job
The purpose of this role is to add a senior technical voice that will manage and lead the Service Delivery and Product development teams at Software2. The Technical Operations Manager will contribute to achieving key objectives by implementing the company’s strategic plans alongside driving continuous, scalable process improvements that contribute to increased customer satisfaction and internal efficiency.
This role will report to the Leadership Team and the Board on progress within these departments, identify how and where investments should be made, and set the vision for how Technical Operations should be carried out at Software2, globally. It’s therefore critical that the postholder has a broad technical skillset and experience of managing technical teams within the software industry.
This part-time role will be a mentor to the Head of Service Delivery and our Product Development Manager and will also act as the escalation point for team leaders on the technical side of the business.
Who are Software2?
👋 Hey there, we’re Software2! We’re an EdTech company making big waves in our industry, with an even bigger appetite to win more customers and grow more quickly across our key markets.
We’re on a mission to give students the best experience possible from their time at university, by providing our award-winning technology exclusively to Higher Ed. Currently used and loved by over 2 million students across the globe, to-date 15 apps are launched through our very own software product – AppsAnywhere: an app store for education – every single second, worldwide!
With rapidly growing customer communities across the US, Canada, and Europe, alongside an already market-busting share in the UK, we’re taking Higher Ed by storm. And we’re totally transforming how students get access to their academic software.
We’re super proud of our business, and we want to find an exceptional candidate who understands why.
The role will work closely with various departments to add a senior technical voice. The Technical Operations Manager will contribute to achieving key objectives by implementing the company’s strategic plans alongside driving continuous, scalable process improvements that contribute to increased customer satisfaction and internal efficiency.
Service Delivery Responsibilities:
- Implement agreed operational policies against a strategic plan.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
- Mentor and develop the team and direct and encourage them in finding creative solutions to both client and internal challenges, foster knowledge-sharing across all disciplines internally to ensure collaborative and informed work.
- Assist the Service Delivery team with designing the training and implementation of all internal and external tools.
- Foster a productive and empowering working environment.
- Provide the team with all necessary tools and training to improve core expertise and continued career growth.
- Ensure that managers and supervisors are fully trained on all aspects of planning and audience reporting; will require the use of research tools, as well as excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Implement proprietary and 3rd party tools into the planning process.
Product Development Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that the technological resources meet the company's short and long-term needs.
- Outline the goals for research and development.
- Implement the company’s product development strategy and timelines.
- Creating timelines for the development and deployment of all technological services.
- Acting as a mentor to team members.
- Managing technology budgets and timeframes.
- Staying on top of technology trends and developments.
- Ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards.
- Making executive decisions on behalf of the company's technological requirements.
- Ensuring IT Security
SaaS (software as a service)
We're on an exciting journey where AppsAnywhere is transitioning to a SaaS product and therefore, we are looking for a superstar to head up this transition.
- Be an ambassador for the brand!
- Software Industry Experience
- Top-notch communication (face-to-face, email, phone and Microsoft Teams)
- A love of technology and the ability to understand technical details is essential
- Forward-thinking and the confidence to suggest new ideas
Technical Operations Manager
Part-time (2-3 days per week), permanent
Unlimited holidays, flexible working, excellent working environment!
This role will be based at our office (which is a converted pub!) just outside Leeds, in the small village of Sherburn in Elmet. Post COVID, we’re pretty flexible on how many days you work in the office or at home. We care more about what you can do than where you’re based. But it’s equally important that you’re an integrated part of our team.
Still with us? Want to apply?
Great, we’d love to hear from you! 😀 It’s going to be hard work, but you’ll have a super-supportive team behind you who’ll help you be successful and give you everything you need to do just that.
To apply, send us a copy of your CV with a quick description of why you’re interested in this particular role. Please confirm your salary expectations on the email, too.
We expect to hold the first interviews remotely (via Teams) where we can see if we’re a good fit for each other and ask/answer a few questions to get us started.
No agencies, please.
Don't apply if:
- You’ve not read fully this job description and you’re just applying to ‘Technical Operations Manager’ roles on spec, or you’re not fully excited about who we are and what we do.
- You like the quiet life and just want to take a paycheck each month. We want someone who is fully invested in us and our future and sees a great opportunity for their career here at Software2.
- You think all this sounds like a tall order and you’re not ready for the challenge.
- You’re not comfortable with rolling up your sleeves to get stuff done.