We’re on the look-out for someone with a love of software and technology to join our established sales department based out of our HQ in the UK.
Overview of the job
We’re on the look-out for an experienced Education Technology sales professional. If you’re passionate about the student experience and you’ve dedicated your career to helping institutions improve student outcomes through the use of technology, this is the challenge you’ve been waiting for!
You’ll be at the cornerstone of our growth across the UK, Ireland and parts of Europe, and with that, you’ll have all the opportunities and perks you’d expect from a fast-growing tech company in a role of this kind.
As the Sales Lead, you’ll be joining a small yet fun, fast-paced, and engaging sales team. Working with the Higher Ed market across Western Europe, you’ll need to be able to think innovatively, work independently and live and breathe all-things technology. You’ll be responsible for revenue generation from net new opportunities, working with University and College IT decision-makers.
Who are Software2?
Software2 is the home of AppsAnywhere, the world's only platform that gives Higher Ed a way of delivering all their software to students on any device, anywhere on and off-campus. Currently used and loved by over 2 million students in North America and Europe, to-date 15 apps are launched through AppsAnywhere every second, worldwide!
We’ve set our sights on using super-cool tech to make the student experience awesome. With customers across the UK and loads more globally, we’ve made an impressive start; totally transforming how students get their academic software. We’re super proud of our business, and we want to find exceptional candidates who understand why.
But we’re not stopping there. We want students in every corner of the country to benefit from our software. We want to build more customer communities in more states, and we want more evangelistic customers shouting from the rooftops. So, to help power our rapid growth we’re looking for motivated individuals to join our Sales team.
About the role
As Sales Lead, you’ll play an integral role in our UK and European sales growth. Your primary responsibility is to generate revenue from net new sales of AppsAnywhere in the UK Higher Education market
Working from a list of strategic accounts, you’ll introduce AppsAnywhere to college and university IT leadership via telephone, email, and web conference. You’ll share industry insights and align Software2 solutions with the institution’s goals. We’ll support you with top-notch thought-leadership content such as customer-led webinars, whitepapers, case studies, and conference sponsorships. The successful candidates will be self-motivated and goal-oriented with strong communication skills and attention to detail. A documented history of successfully selling education technology to C-level IT leadership is required.
- Manage a complex, enterprise solution sales process with a 6 to 18-month purchasing cycle as well as moving the sale through the entire sales process
- Achieve assigned sales quota in designated strategic accounts
- Create and implement a territory development plan for the designated territory
- Generate pipeline that leads to closed revenue and quota attainment
- Make prospecting a part of the regular routine.
- Listen to a prospect’s needs and goals then match an appropriate Software2 solution
- Uncover business initiatives and pain points to map back our solutions
- Create demand by uncovering business problems and matching them to our solution
- Sell on vision and value vs. technical functionality
- Build and maintain credibility and trust while influencing buying decisions
- Partner with internal resources to drive net new business within named account list
- Maintain detailed sales forecast in CRM and update regularly
- Deep understanding of the way higher education operates, and the priorities that drive decisions from the C-level
- 7-10 years of full-cycle sales experience in Higher Education Technology
- Experience selling to the C-level IT professionals
- Experience building a business case and solution selling.
- Ability to build and deliver effective sales presentations
- Travel 50-60% (post-COVID)
UK Sales Lead (EdTech)
Unlimited holidays, flexible working, excellent working environment!
This role will be based at our office (which is a converted pub!) just outside Leeds, in the small village of Sherburn in Elmet. Post COVID, we’re pretty flexible on how many days you work in the office or at home. We care more about what you can do than where you’re based. But it’s equally important that you’re an integrated part of our team.
Still with us? Want to apply?
Great, we’d love to hear from you! 😀 It’s going to be hard work, but you’ll have a super-supportive team behind you who’ll help you be successful and give you everything you need to do just that.
To apply, send us a copy of your CV with a quick description of why you’re interested in this particular role. Please confirm your salary expectations on the email, too.
We expect to hold the first interviews remotely (via Teams) where we can see if we’re a good fit for each other and ask/answer a few questions to get us started.
No agencies, please.
Don't apply if:
- You’ve not read fully this job description and you’re just applying to ‘Sales' roles on spec, or you’re not fully excited about who we are and what we do.
- You like the quiet life and just want to take a paycheck each month. We want someone who is fully invested in us and our future and sees a great opportunity for their career here at Software2.
- You think all this sounds like a tall order and you’re not ready for the challenge.
- You’re not comfortable with rolling up your sleeves to get stuff done.