AppsAnywhere Trial EULA
AppsAnywhere Trial Software - End User License Agreement (“EULA”)
Last updated: December 15th 2016
This End User License Agreement (“EULA”) is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and Software2 Ltd. (“Software2”) for access to the Software2 trial software (“Software”) that accompanies this EULA, which may include associated Internet-based services.
YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT WHEN YOU USE THE SOFTWARE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, DO NOT USE THE SOFTWARE.
GENERAL: Software2 grants you a license to use the Software under the terms and conditions set forth in this EULA, provided that you comply with all such terms and conditions. The Software is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties. Software2 owns the title, copyright, and other intellectual property rights to the Software. Software2 reserves all rights not expressly granted to you in this EULA. The Software is licensed, not sold.
ADDITIONAL RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS: You may not reproduce, or install the Software on your computer. You may only use the Software through the web access provided by Software2. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software, including any codes or protocols associated with the Software.
The software accessible from Software2's Software (the AppsAnywhere platform trial) is shown only for the purposes of proving that Software2's Software and technology works; we are not providing End User a license to use that software, other than a temporary trial for demonstration purposes only.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SOFTWARE2 PROVIDES TO YOU ACCESS AND USE OF THE SOFTWARE, AND SUPPORT SERVICES (IF ANY AS DESCRIBED IN THIS EULA) AS IS AND WITH ALL FAULTS; AND SOFTWARE2 HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY (IF ANY) IMPLIED WARRANTIES, DUTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF RELIABILITY OR AVAILABILITY, OF ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF RESPONSES, OF RESULTS, OF WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, OF LACK OF VIRUSES, AND OF LACK OF NEGLIGENCE, ALL WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE, AND THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUPPORT OR OTHER SERVICES, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, AND RELATED CONTENT THROUGH THE SOFTWARE OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE. ALSO, THERE IS NO WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUIET POSSESSION, CORRESPONDENCE TO DESCRIPTION OR NON-INFRINGEMENT WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE.
EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND CERTAIN OTHER DAMAGES.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL SOFTWARE2 BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR CONFIDENTIAL OR OTHER INFORMATION, FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, FOR PERSONAL INJURY, FOR LOSS OF PRIVACY, FOR FAILURE TO MEET ANY DUTY INCLUDING OF GOOD FAITH OR OF REASONABLE CARE, NEGLIGENCE, AND ANY OTHER PECUNIARY OR OTHER LOSS WHATSOEVER) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUPPORT OR OTHER SERVICES, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, AND RELATED CONTENT THROUGH THE SOFTWARE OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE, OR OTHERWISE UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PROVISION OF THIS EULA, EVEN IN THE EVENT OF THE FAULT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), MISREPRESENTATION, STRICT OR PRODUCT LIABILITY, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF WARRANTY OF SOFTWARE2, EVEN IF SOFTWARE2 HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND REMEDIES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY DAMAGES THAT YOU MIGHT INCUR FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL DAMAGES REFERENCED ABOVE AND ALL DIRECT OR GENERAL DAMAGES IN CONTRACT OR ANYTHING ELSE), THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF SOFTWARE2 UNDER ANY PROVISION OF THIS EULA AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ALL OF THE FOREGOING SHALL BE LIMITED TO U.S. $5.00. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
1. INTRODUCTION: This Agreement governs End User’s use of the AppsAnywhere trial (Software) developed and owned by Software2. End User will be provided access through Software2 to Software2’s Software to access the apps provided in the trial.
2. LICENSE: Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Software2 grants End User, and End User accepts, a non-transferable and nonexclusive license to use in object code form only the Software for the sole purpose of accessing the apps in the trial. End User may use and access the Software solely through an approved web site identified by Software2 in writing from time to time (the “Site”).
End User acknowledges that Software2 is the sole owner of all intellectual property rights in and to the Software and the Site. Except as expressly authorized in this Agreement, End User will not copy, modify, distribute, sublicense, transfer, display, rent or unbundle the Software. In addition, End User will not reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Software, and will not otherwise attempt to reconstruct or discover the source code for the Software. Software2 reserves all rights in the Software not expressly granted to End User.
3. ACCEPTANCE: Acceptance of this free trial license is deemed to have occurred upon End User’s submission of this acceptance by logging into the Software.
4. ADDITIONAL END USER OBLIGATIONS: End User shall have sole responsibility for acquiring and maintaining its own technology environment, including but not limited to PC’s, operating systems, servers, Internet access, local area networks, and wide area networks.
End User agrees to comply with Software2’s procedures and security measures associated with access to the Software and the Site (the “Software2 Procedures”), which will be maintained by Software2 on the Site and are incorporated by reference in this Agreement. Software2 may revise the Software2 Procedures from time to time.
Software2 may in its sole discretion deny or remove access to any user of the Software or Site (“User”) who fails to abide by the Software2 Procedures or who otherwise tampers with or abuses the Site or the Software or utilizes the software for illegal, disruptive or other inappropriate purposes.
5. FEES AND EXPENSES: Software2 waives all other subscription and usage fees for the AppsAnywhere Software free trial
6. CONFIDENTIALITY: “Confidential Information” means any information or data (including without limitation any formula, pattern, compilation, program, device, method, technique, or process) that is disclosed by one party (a “disclosing party”) to the other party (a “receiving party”) pursuant to this Agreement. Confidential Information of Software2 includes, but is not limited to, the terms of this Agreement. Confidential Information does not include information that: (a) is or becomes publicly known or available without breach of this Agreement; (b) is received by a receiving party from a third party without breach of any obligation of confidentiality; or (c) was previously known by the receiving party as shown by its written records.
A receiving party agrees: (a) to hold the disclosing party’s Confidential Information in strict confidence; and (b) except as expressly authorized by this Agreement, not to, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, copy, transfer or allow access to the Confidential Information. In addition, without limiting the foregoing, Software2 agrees to use, and to require its contractors to use, reasonable procedures and mechanisms to maintain the security of and to prevent the unauthorized access to the computer systems on which End User’s Confidential Information resides. Notwithstanding the foregoing, a receiving party may disclose Confidential Information of the disclosing party as required by law or court order; in such event, such party shall use its best efforts to inform the other party prior to any such required disclosure.
Each party acknowledges and agrees that any violation of this Section 6 or the intellectual property rights of Software2 may cause the disclosing party irreparable injury for which the disclosing party would have no adequate remedy at law, and that the disclosing party shall be entitled to preliminary and other injunctive relief against the receiving party for any such violation. Such injunctive relief shall be in addition to, and in no way in limitation of, all other remedies or rights that disclosing party shall have at law or in equity.
7. TERM OF AGREEMENT: The Term of this license agreement is 30 calendar days, beginning with the date the agreement is accepted by the End User – as set forth in Section 3.
8. WARRANTY: Software2 warrants that the Software will substantially conform to the online training instructions. If it does not, at Software2’s option, Software2 will either make the online training instructions conform to the Software, or replace it with conforming Software. This is the exclusive remedy for breach of the foregoing warranty.
9. LIABILITY: In no event shall either party be liable for special, consequential, incidental, indirect or punitive loss, damage or expenses whether arising in contract or tort (including but not limited to lost profits, savings, data, or the cost of recreating lost data), even if it has been advised of their possible existence.
10. INDEMNIFICATION: If a claim of copyright, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property rights violation is made against End User relating to the Software, End User agrees to immediately notify Software2, allow Software2 to control the litigation or settlement of such claim, and cooperate with Software2 in the investigation, defense, and/or settlement thereof. Software2 agrees to take control of the litigation and indemnify the End User by paying any settlement approved by Software2, or any judgment, costs, or attorneys’ fees finally awarded against the End User for such claim. End User may participate at End User’s own expense. This indemnification obligation does not apply to the extent the claim is based on a combination of Software with other software, or any modification to the Software, if such claim would not have been made but for the combination or modification. If such a claim is made or, in Software2’s opinion, is likely to be made, Software2, at its sole discretion, may modify the Software, obtain rights for the End User to continue using the Software, or terminate the agreement for the Software.
11. MISCELLANEOUS: Neither party shall be liable for any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations due to causes beyond the reasonable control of the party affected, including but not limited to war, sabotage, insurrection, riot or other act of civil disobedience, strikes or other labor shortages, act of any government affecting the terms hereof, accident, fire, explosion, flood, hurricane, severe weather or other act of God.