Unified Application Delivery
Unified Application Delivery (UAD) is a new approach to traditional software deployment that brings together multiple delivery methods into one place, with just one point of access for students, end-users and IT admins.
We've built AppsAnywhere to integrate with all the leading application deployment technologies, including Numecent Cloudpaging, VMware Horizon, Parallels Remote Application Server and Microsoft's SCCM/App-V.
Why do you need Unified Application Delivery?
Universities across the world face the same problem when it comes to getting apps to students: there are hundreds of apps, thousands of students and tens of thousands of devices. And no single delivery technology can satisfy all of the possible use cases to meet that demand.
By integrating with the most commonly-used technologies on the market, Unified Application Delivery represents the best way for University IT to combine the strengths of the different deployment methods to provide the best possible user experience.
- For open source apps on a BYO device - IT might want to point users to the free download
- For open source apps on campus - Cloudpaging [application virtualization] deploys these apps on-demand and keeps them free from the 'image' of university-owned machines
- For Office365 apps on managed devices - AppsAnywhere can launch the locally-installed copy
- For Office365 apps off campus - point users to the O365 weblink where SSO allows them to access their apps
- For Windows apps on a BYO macOS/Chromebook - integrate with Parallels Remote Application Server or VMware Horizon to deliver those apps to non-Windows devices
- Or when there's a macOS version of the Windows app - deploy DMG/PKG packages directly from the launch button
- Or if your institution has Jamf Pro - use AppsAnywhere to point students to the Mac App Store where they can take advantage of the university's VPP agreement
- If your IT team already has apps packaged in App-V - AppsAnywhere triggers the launch of those packages through SCCM
And thanks to AppsAnywhere's Smart Prioritization, there's just one point of access and one launch button for each and every app a student needs. After clicking 'launch', AppsAnywhere looks at the student's device, OS, domain and location, and automatically chooses the most appropriate technology to deliver that application. And all that happens in the background, making the student experience awesome.
Package once, deploy anywhere
Cloudpaging, Numecent's next-generation application virtualization technology, enables students to get on-demand access to any app anywhere, while saving IT admins' time in packaging applications and imaging machines.
By using Cloudpaging, IT only needs to package apps once. That's because Cloudpaging works in conjunction with other delivery technologies as well as on its own. Your Cloudpaging packages can be deployed either directly to students (after clicking launch on Windows devices), or within other environments such as Parallels RAS, VMware and RemoteApp (great for other OSs like Mac and Chromebooks). That saves time when it comes to packaging and makes life easier for updating and patching applications - not to mention migrating to the latest version of Windows!
Cloudpaging application packages can be used alongside other delivery technologies, all launched from AppsAnywhere. That includes:
- Parallels Remote Application Server (RAS)
- VMware Horizon View
- Microsoft RemoteApp
Delivering software using different technologies in AppsAnywhere
Software2 Director of Client Services Phil Morgan highlights why AppsAnywhere integrates with different technologies to deliver apps to students on any device, including Cloudpaging and VMware, and how our latest integration with Parallels RAS enables the delivery of apps to any device with a browser.
91% of students expect their institution to provide an "app store" to access their university software. So, in collaboration with our customers, we've developed AppsAnywhere, a beautiful web interface that gives students access to all the software they need, from a customizable portal.
Some questions that we get asked about AppsAnywhere, including details of the server infrastructure needed, AD integration and technical requirements.
With Parallels RAS (Remote Application Server) university IT can securely deploy Windows apps to any device, including macOS, iOS, Android and Chromebooks.
Package and virtualize 100% of Windows apps with Numecent's Cloudpaging technology, the next-generation application virtualization tool.
Benefits of virtualizing apps using Cloudpaging...
Right-size, replace or enhance your existing desktop virtualization solution thanks to our application virtualization technology, a fraction of the cost of VDI.
With our application virtualization technology you can virtualize and deliver any Windows software application, on-demand. That's 100% of Windows apps!
With Cloudpaging and application virtualization you separate the apps from the OS, so you can massively reduce the size of your image.