What is AppsAnywhere?
AppsAnywhere is an advanced university app store that supports multiple software vendors' application delivery and deployment methods, all from one customizable web portal.
AppsAnywhere is a beautiful-looking and easy-to-use app store-like portal. It gives end-users a recognizable and familiar way to access their apps, with a simple user experience reminiscent of well-known consumer app stores. It's an enterprise-ready way to get any app to any user, anywhere, anytime and on any device.
AppsAnywhere integrates with a variety of market-leading software delivery and deployment methods, including Microsoft's App-V, SCCM and RemoteApp, VMware Horizon, Parallels RAS (Remote Application Server) and Numecent's Cloudpaging application virtualization technology. With AppsAnywhere, users can also find and launch natively-installed applications and cloud-based (SaaS) apps.
We call this unique approach to deploying software 'Unified Application Delivery'. One single place for IT to deliver and update ALL university apps, and one point of access for users to get their software, regardless of their device, location or technology being used.
'What is AppsAnywhere?' explainer video
5 reasons to use AppsAnywhere
Here are 5 reasons your university or college should start using AppsAnywhere:
- One consistent place to access all software and apps, regardless of whether it's virtualized apps, installed apps, or cloud-based apps.
- A secure, consumer-simple app store that's easy-to-use, with added user experience features like favorites, quick search and categories.
- A customizable web portal that your users will trust. Add branding like logos and corporate colors.
- A self-service app store that's truly on-demand, accessible from any device, anywhere, anytime.
- A simple way to introduce and support a true Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy, by making all software available from one awesome app store.
AppsAnywhere - How it works
AppsAnywhere is easy-to-use, both for the end-user and for your IT department.
How it works, in a nutshell:
- Add an app using AppsAnywhere Admin
- Choose the best delivery method for the app (e.g. Cloudpaging, Parallels RAS, VMware) and adjust the settings and licensing controls
- Provision apps to users and groups (with Azure AD or Active Directory) based on geographical location, device type, operating system etc.
- Users login to AppsAnywhere's web portal and start accessing their apps. Just one launch button for every app, regardless of the device or technology being used.