10 reasons why your University should make tech more accessible in the classroom
Technology is a focal point in today’s society. From complex Virtual and Augmented Reality to Facial Recognition on your mobile devices, technology is growing with the new generation, which is exactly why we need more in our classrooms.
A lot of universities are on the fence about how much technology they should bring into their learning environments, and how much it would benefit their staff and students. There are even concerns with how to support the infrastructure, network, and the impact on licensing of their software, however there is a lot of evidence now that suggests the benefits outweigh the concerns.
Software2 are the market leader for university application delivery systems, which means we know a thing or two on how technology can benefit you and your students. Here’s how:
1. Students are going to use their own devices, such as phones, so allowing them to access work and learning tools can help keep them more productive during lectures and seminars.
2. Technology is an amazing tool for connecting directly with students and improving their learning and experience.
3. Allow students to connect with each other on a familiar platform to collaborate with their work and study.
4. Give students the opportunity to work with newer technology and improve their digital skills in a supportive environment.
5. Students have grown up with technology, so can benefit from learning in a way that they are accustomed to. It also provides a supportive workspace for students who may suffer from learning disorders or mental illness.
6. Combining classrooms and lecture halls with the latest technology can help create a more immersive learning environment for students, allowing for a stronger relationship between students and lecturers, and their education.
7. Students can have access to the most up to date information available when they need it most, allowing for efficient learning and opportunities to grow their curiosity.
8. Technology can help support your teachers and lecturers in engaging and communicating with students, and providing a huge selection of interactive teaching methods.
9. By allowing students to borrow, and now even use their own technology, you can teach them responsibility and care without distracting from their education or limiting their resources.
10. Ultimately, technology transforms the learning experience for both students and professors. It empowers the students and allows the world to be connected and constantly learning.
AppsAnywhere was created with the intention of giving more learning opportunities to students in a way that conveniences everyone. Our University App Store allows you to save time and money with your software applications and even gives your students the chance to work, study and learn without constrictions.
Interested in finding out more?
We have a free trial opportunity for anyone to us, whether a student, professor, IT specialist and everyone in between! You can find it here, or you can contact us directly for more information on how we can help your institution.