Are you the future of virtualization, software delivery or application deployment?
At Software2, we're always interested in hearing from people looking to join our growing team of exceptional talent.
- Do you care passionately about improving the student experience?
- Are you interested in making a real difference to university IT?
- Do you want to work for a company where every customer matters?
If the answer to all of these questions is yes and you want to shape the future of application virtualization, then please contact us with your CV.
Current Job Openings
Role: Graduate Application Packager (Cloudpaging)
Department: Software2 Client Services
Location: UK Head Office - Thorpe Park Business Park, Leeds, LS15 8ZA (Home working may be possible by agreement for 1-2 days per week.)
Travel: This role may require travel throughout the UK for up to 2 weeks at a time. The opportunity for international travel (Europe, US and Canada) may be made available to the successful role holder.
Cloudpaging is a next generation software virtualization technology which allows the installation of any Windows application to be captured, virtualized and deployed to Windows users on-demand, in a fraction of the time it would normally take to download and install the application.
This post-holder, following appropriate training, will be responsible for packaging of applications using Cloudpaging Studio, working with a wider team of globally leading software virtualization and application packagers. The post-holder will also be responsible for maintaining virtual packaging environments (VMs), and a central library of documentation to ensure that Software2 can provide the most efficient packaging service, and optimal delivery of a wide range of software applications.
There is also the opportunity for this post-holder to take responsibility for delivery of selected customer projects, and to help coordinate team efforts to deliver virtualized apps to customers.
Full Job Description:
Since 2009 we’ve set our sights on using our super-cool tech to make the student experience even more awesome. How? Over the last 8 years we’ve worked hard creating and developing the world’s first app store exclusively for the education market – AppsAnywhere.
With over 50% of UK universities using our technology, and loads more worldwide, we’ve made an impressive start; totally transforming how students access software. Using next generation Cloudpaging virtualization (made in California) we can deliver Windows applications 20-100X faster than traditional download and install.
Working with awesome industry-leading tech is just one reason you’ll love this role. Recently voted runners-up for the Techworld Best Place to Work in Tech Award 2018, our small and dynamic team love their work, and so will you!
With appropriate training, you will become a key member of a team of globally leading software packaging and virtualization experts. Packaging applications using Cloudpaging Studio and contributing to the S2 Library of virtualized apps and recipes. You’ll be supporting EdTech teams all around the world to help deliver an awesome IT experience to over 1.5 million students.
This role offers significant room for personal growth, with access to industry leading specialists and training. You’ll receive ongoing support, including great development prospects, and an endless supply of high fives. Downright hard work and above-and-beyond-commitment is essential, and in return, we’ll turn you into one of the world’s leading application packagers; with all the rewards that come with being a specialist in your field.
- Software Packaging
- Package Windows applications using Numecent Cloudpaging Studio, for successful deployment to users via AppsAnywhere and Cloudpaging technologies.
- Test, troubleshoot and optimize Cloudpaged applications to ensure maximum performance and compatibility with Windows versions and other apps.
- Write PowerShell or batch scripts to perform actions as part of application deployments, such as, but not limited to, software license activation, adding of Windows Firewall exceptions or application of file system permissions.
- Packaging Systems and Documentation
- Assist with the implementation of systems and processes to ensure that the minimum administrative effort is required to repackage applications, for the benefit of all Software2 customers.
- Maintain virtual machines and snapshots for use by self and others for the packaging of applications using Cloudpaging Studio.
- Document packaging steps in ‘recipes’, ensuring that the accurate reproduction of steps results in the successful creation of Cloudpaging packages.
- Assist colleagues with the completion, formatting and publication of their recipes.
- Follow and suggest improvements to processes and procedures to ensure the highreusability of apps, projects files and knowledge.
- Customer Support
- Respond to support tickets raised by customers to the Software2 support desk, maintaining the highest possible levels of customer service.
- Identify workarounds for reported issues and communicate to customers via the ticketing system.
- Instigate and perform appropriate investigations to identify the likely root cause of reported problems, and to find resolutions - working with colleagues, vendors and external suppliers as required.
- Resolve customer tickets, ensuring customer success and satisfaction.
- Project Coordination and Delivery
- Working as part of a distributed team of application packagers, including Software2 colleagues and external partners, help to coordinate team efforts to deliver software packages to customers ready for use in their environments.
- To maintain high levels of professional conduct, including but not limited to, cooperative engagement in tasks set, and the exercising of initiative to suggest through line mangers improvements to the service.
- To undertake training and personal development as required.
- To support other activities that may become the responsibility of Client Services through evolution, growth or restructuring.
- To carry out any duties as may be reasonably required by the Director of Client Services, or by the Company Board of Directors or their nominated representatives.