Are you the future of virtualization, software delivery or application deployment?
At Software2, we're always interested in hearing from people looking to join our growing team of exceptional talent.
- Do you care passionately about improving the student experience?
- Are you interested in making a real difference to university IT?
- Do you want to work for a company where every customer matters?
If the answer to all of these questions is yes and you want to shape the future of application virtualization, then please contact us with your CV.
Current Job Openings
QA Engineer – Full or Part Time
Software2 Head Office, Leeds
Full or part time
Are you an experienced and eagle-eyed QA Engineer looking for your next challenge? Want to make a positive, lasting impact on a product that’s used by millions around the world? If so, we’d love to hear from you....
We are Software2, an exciting EdTech company who are making waves in our industry. On a mission to make the student experience even more awesome, we provide award-winning technology solutions to the higher education market.
AppsAnywhere, our unique app store, combines multiple technologies to deliver any app, anywhere – allowing our customers to liberate software from campus PC labs and deliver it on-demand to any device, including student BYOD.
Now, we’re bringing our QA function in-house and are looking for an experienced QA Engineer to join us on a full or part time basis.
- Full or part time
- Competitive salary
- The chance to work as part of an awesome, close-knit team
- Health insurance – including discounted gym membership
- Ongoing investment in your development
- Help improve the learning experience for students across the globe
- Unlimited holidays
Recently voted runners up for the Techworld Best Place to Work in Tech Award 2018, our employees love their work, and we hope you will too.
We believe in investing in our people is the key to success, which is why you’ll have access to excellent training and plenty of personal development opportunities. When you are at your best, so are we.
This brand-new role offers the chance to make your mark with us while helping to improve the student experience. What’s more, we’re entirely flexible regarding working hours, meaning you can tailor your role to suit your needs.
As a QA Engineer, you’ll ensure that users continue to have an amazing experience while using our flagship product, AppsAnywhere.
Reporting to the Product Manager, you’ll work as part of our Development Team and will play a major part in ensuring that everything we release is robust and reliable.
Specifically, you will:
- Review the impact of new features and identify the best way to confirm that functionality matches original requirements
- Write automated tests and/or define test processes for manual execution
- Maintain the test pack
- Update product documentation to ensure that users are always up-to-date with the latest features
- Maintain your knowledge of new testing strategies and tools (and share it with the team if you discover anything especially awesome)
To join us as a QA Engineer, you’ll need an understanding of the following QA processes and practices:
- Test plans, regression testing and requirement traceability
- General testing techniques, including: automation, unit testing, integration testing, functional testing, end-to-end testing, acceptance testing, performance testing and web service testing
It would be great if you also have some of the following:
- A good understanding of QA best practice
- The ability to understand software requirements and interpret acceptance criteria and derive tests accordingly
- Experience of testing in an Agile environment
- Experience of GUI testing, cross browser testing and cross platform testing
- Familiarity with web applications and system integration technologies including web services and APIs
- QA and/or testing qualifications, such as an ISTBQ Foundation in Software Testing
The above list is by no means exhaustive, but we’re eager to hear from QA Engineers with a good amount of experience.
Other companies may call this role Quality Assurance Engineer, QA Engineer, QA Tester, Software Tester, Quality Assurance Tester, Software Quality Tester, Test Analyst or Test Technician.
This role is available on a full or part time basis, and for the right candidate, we’re very flexible regarding the hours and days worked.
Software2 are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you looking to take on an exciting role as a QA Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
For more information about the role, and to apply today, follow the link below.