We may change this policy every now and then, to ensure your personal data and privacy is being kept secure. When we do, we'll update this page. You should check back here from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
If you have any questions about how your data is used, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 15 May 2018
During this policy when we say 'we', 'our' or 'us', that refers to Software2 Limited. Our HQ address is in the United Kingdom, with operations across the globe. You can find details of our office addresses on the footer of all our web pages.
Software2 is the home of AppsAnywhere, the leading app store used by Universities, Colleges and education institutions around the world. AppsAnywhere, our application delivery solution, integrates with other technologies including Numecent's Cloudpaging virtualization tool and Parallels' Remote Application Server.
Registered in the UK (company number 07018761), we control the ways your personal data is collected and the ways in which your personal data is used, and are as such the data controller under the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We're committed to ensuring your personal data and your privacy is protected. By 'personal data' we're referring to any information that can identify you, such as:
- name and job title
- your company name
- contact information (including email address and telephone number)
- your work address
- information about which products or services you have purchased or expressed an interest in
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- IP address and device type
- website activity
- communications you exchange with us (e.g. emails or online chat)
- social media account ID or social media posts/messages
- your feedback
We do not collect sensitive personal data such as medical, religious, criminal, racial or ethnic data.
Whenever you visit one of our websites or use or register for one of our services, we collect some of your personal data. Listed below are some of ways in which we collect your data:
Information you give us directly
When you use our websites or services, there are a few occasions where we need to collect your information first. For example, this could be when you register for a webinar, use our AppsAnywhere trial/demo, access certain pieces of content like whitepapers or e-books, use our online community/support forums, or contact us with any questions or requests. More examples include:
- Creating an online account with us
- Subscribing to our newsletters
- Contacting technical support
You'll know that we're collecting your data, as we'll ask you to fill out and submit an online registraton form (see here as an example). You don't have to provide us with your personal data, but not doing so might mean you don't have access to those services.
Information we collect automatically
Some information is automatically collected by our systems when you visit and use our website or our services. That includes your IP address, what pages you've visited, the time spent on each page and the links clicked. We collect this information, in accordance with our cookie notice, so we can optimize our website to make it easier for our users to find what they're looking for.
To help us improve our messaging and services, we collect analytics information when you use our websites. We may also share information about how you've used our websites with third-party service providers of analytics services. This data is also anonymous and does not consitute 'personal data' under GDPR.
Cookies and tracking technologies
We use your personal data to provide you with our services, manage our relationship with you, and to understand your needs and provide you with a better service.
Processing your data
The personal data that we collect will be processed in compliance with the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as follows:
- To perform a contract with you
- Where we have legitimate interests to process your personal data
- For a legal obligation
- With your consent
We may also use your data for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To improve our products and services
- To communicate with you
- To send you information that you've requested from us
- To send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided (providing consent is given)
- To contact you for market research purposes (we may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail)
- To send operational updates (e.g. changes to terms and services, product updates etc.)
- To customise the website according to your interests
- To provide you with technical support for usage of our websites or services, including the AppsAnywhere demo/trial
Without your explicit consent, Software2 will not process your data for the purpose of marketing communications. To comply with GDPR, where we collect your personal data for marketing communications we will provide you with an explicit way to provide consent. This means we will not be using defaulted 'opt-in' checkboxes.
We will keep your consent in our records system and we may, from time to time, email you to confirm you still wish to receive our marketing communications. If at any point you wish to exclude yourself from our marketing communications, we will include the opportunity to unsubscribe or withdraw consent on all marketing emails.
We value data security highly and we're committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To that extent, we've put in place all the appropriate technical and organizational measures. That includes suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
You can refer to our GDPR Policies to learn more about how we protect the data we collect.
We have policies in place to ensure that we don't keep your personal data beyond a necessary or resonable amount of time. The exact length of time we keep your information depends on the data itself, and whether we have a particular need to retain it (e.g. to provide you with a service or to comply by legal regulations).
For as long as we have a relationship with you and for an amount of time afterwards, we'll keep your data securely and in accordance with our policies. After this time your data will be deleted or, at the least, made anonymous.
You have full control over your personal data, and under GDPR you have set rights to how it's collected and used. For marketing-related emails and communications, you can unsubscribe or ask us to remove you from our mailing lists at any time. All of our email marketing will contain clear links to unsubscribe, and after following the on-screen prompts you will be automatically unsubscribed from our mailing lists. If you wish to unsubscribe form direct marketing, you can email us at email@example.com
Beside from marketing communications, you also have a right to:
- know what or request a copy of personal data we hold
- make sure we have a correct and up to date record of your personal data
- instruct us to restrict processing of or delete your personal data
We may share your data with other companies within our group. We may also share some of your personal data with, or obtain your personal data from, third parties, but we'll only disclose your personal data to:
- other companies in the S2 Group
- third party partners who support delivery of or provide functionality on the website or services, or to market or promote our goods and services to you
- regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights
- a third party who acquires us, a member of our Group or substantially all of our assets
- other people where we have your consent
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.